Car Hire Excess / Create Quote / Add Extras & Drivers / Full Quote / Policy Holder / Payment
Car Hire Excess Insurance
Eligibility to Purchase
All persons to be covered under this policy are:
- Aged between 21 and 84
- Hold a valid internationally recognised driving licence or permit for the hire vehicle. This must be valid in the country in which you are travelling.
- Not subject to a driving ban
- Are fit to drive and not driving against the advice of a medical practitioner
- Not renting a motorcycle, commercial vehicle or mini-bus for private use with more than 9 seats
- This policy is operative when the Policyholder or any other person named as lead driver on the certificate of insurance is shown as the lead driver on the car rental agreement
How to Claim
If you have a claim you will be required to settle the claim when you return the vehicle to the hire company.
Please obtain a damage report and retain your receipts.
Our Insurer has appointed Orchard Administration Limited to handle your claim. Please go to https://claimant.orchard-administration.co.uk to submit your claim. The information you require is shown on your certificate of insurance.
If after submitting your claim you encounter any service issues, please feel free to contact us.
Riverside Underwriting Limited is registered in England and Wales (06201617). Registered address: Bryant House, Bryant Road, Strood, Rochester, Kent, ME2 3EW. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN 466942). This insurance is provided by Riverside Underwriting Limited which is registered in the UK, and is underwritten by Fortegra Europe Insurance Company Ltd (Malta Company Registration Number C 84703).
Fortegra Europe Insurance Company Ltd (Malta company registration number C 84703), Office 13, SOHO Office The Strand, Fawwara Building, Triq I-Imsida, Gzira, GZR 1401, Malta, who is authorised under the Insurance Business Act 1998 of the laws of Malta to carry out general business, is regulated by the Malta Financial Services Authority of Triq l-Imdina, Zone 1, Central Business District, Birkirkara, CBD 1010, Malta, and is deemed authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority. Fortegra Europe Insurance Company Ltd is subject to regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority under reference number 805770, and is subject to limited regulation by the Prudential Regulation Authority. Details of the Temporary Permissions Regime, which allows EEA-based firms to operate in the UK for a limited period while seeking full authorisation, are available on the Financial Conduct Authority’s website.
The policy is administered by Riverside Underwriting Limited. Riverside Underwriting Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Firm Reference: 466942.
Dual Lead Driver- On annual policies, allows two persons, who must be close relatives, named on the certificate of insurance as lead drivers to rent cars independently when you purchase an annual policy.
Extended Rental Cover- For annual policies extends the maximum trip length to 62 days.
Battery Failure Cover- Covers you should the battery on your hire vehicle fails.
Collision Damage Waiver- On worldwide policies, increases cover under Excess Reimbursement sections to £75,000
Terms and Conditions
Please continue throughout the quote process to view your Insurance Product Information Document
Daily - Insures a single car rental agreement up to 180 days in length.
Annual - Covers unlimited rental agreements in the policy year up to 31 days in length.This can be extended to 62 days.
Important Information - Car Hire
- This insurance excludes rentals that have already commenced
- The contract of insurance is subject to UK jurisdiction
- The policy document is only available in English
- All policies are liable for Insurance Premium Tax chargeable in the Country where you are permanently resident.
Europe means countries which are members of the EEA: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and the United Kingdom. And countries to the west of the Ural Mountains, including, islands in the Mediterranean, Morocco, Tunisia, Turkey, Canary Islands, Madeira, and the Azores.
Worldwide means anywhere in the world apart from Afghanistan, Belarus, Cuba, Conga, Iran, Iraq, Ivory Coast, Liberia, Myanmar, North Korea, South Sudan, Sudan, Syria and Zimbabwe. No cover is provided for claims arising as a direct result of a situation highlighted by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office where you have hired a vehicle in a specific country or area where, prior to the vehicle hire agreement commencing, the Foreign and Commonwealth Office has advised against all (but essential) travel.
Cancellation of the Policy
You can cancel your policy before the start date and we will allow a full refund of the premium you have paid. You can cancel your policy at any other time but there will be no refund. Please contact us on the details below if you wish to cancel your policy.
Sales and customer service enquiries
+44 333 323 0090
+44 333 323 0095
Car Hire Excess
What you get
- Annual policy covers you for unlimited rentals, with an Annual Aggregate limit of £10,000
- Option to increase the cover £75,000 where you need full Collision Damage Waiver
- Includes cover for tyres, windscreen, under body, towing and loss of use plus other benefits
- Policy includes cover for vehicles hired in your home country
- Covers hired cars and MPVs up to 9 seats (excludes cover for motor homes, minibuses and vans)
- Great optional extras to extend cover including Extended Rental, Dual Lead Driver & Battery Failure Cover