Van Hire Excess / Create Quote / Add Drivers / Full Quote / Policy Holder / Payment
Van Hire Excess Insurance
Eligibility to Purchase
All persons to be covered under this policy are:
- Aged between 23 and 84
- Hold a valid internationally recognised driving licence or permit for the hire vehicle. This must be valid in the country in which you are travelling.
- Not subject to a driving ban
- Are fit to drive and not driving against the advice of a medical practitioner
- Not renting a motorcycle, motorhome or car with 9 seats or less
- This policy is operative when the Policyholder or any other person named as lead driver on the certificate of insurance is shown as the lead driver on the car rental agreement
How to Claim
If you have a claim you will be required to settle the claim when you return the vehicle to the hire company.
Please obtain a damage report and retain your receipts.
Our Insurer has appointed Orchard Administration Limited to handle your claim. Please go to https://claimant.orchard-administration.co.uk to submit your claim. The information you require is shown on your certificate of insurance.
If after submitting your claim you encounter any service issues, please feel free to contact us.
Riverside Underwriting Limited is registered in England and Wales (06201617). Registered address: Bryant House, Bryant Road, Strood, Rochester, Kent, ME2 3EW. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN 466942). This insurance is provided by Riverside Underwriting Limited which is registered in the UK, and is underwritten by Fortegra Europe Insurance Company Ltd (Malta Company Registration Number C 84703).
Fortegra Europe Insurance Company Ltd (Malta company registration number C 84703), Office 13, SOHO Office The Strand, Fawwara Building, Triq I-Imsida, Gzira, GZR 1401, Malta, who is authorised under the Insurance Business Act 1998 of the laws of Malta to carry out general business, is regulated by the Malta Financial Services Authority of Triq l-Imdina, Zone 1, Central Business District, Birkirkara, CBD 1010, Malta, and is deemed authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority. Fortegra Europe Insurance Company Ltd is subject to regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority under reference number 805770, and is subject to limited regulation by the Prudential Regulation Authority. Details of the Temporary Permissions Regime, which allows EEA-based firms to operate in the UK for a limited period while seeking full authorisation, are available on the Financial Conduct Authority’s website.
The policy is administered by Riverside Underwriting Limited. Riverside Underwriting Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Firm Reference: 466942.
Terms and Conditions
Please continue throughout the quote process to view your Insurance Product Information Document
Daily - Insures a single van rental agreement up to 14 days in length.
Important Information - Van Hire
- You will be liable for the first £200 of any loss
- Covers vehicles up to 7.5 Tonnes with a value up to £75,000 at the hire agreement’s start date which are not more than 20 years old from first registration.
- This insurance excludes rentals that have already commenced
- The contract of insurance is subject to UK jurisdiction
- The policy document is only available in English
- All policies are liable for Insurance Premium Tax based on where you are resident.
UK means England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, Channel Islands and the Isle of Man.
Europe means all countries which are members of the EEA: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and the United Kingdom. And countries to the west of the Ural Mountains, including, islands in the Mediterranean, Morocco, Tunisia, Turkey, Canary Islands, Madeira, and the Azores.
Cancellation of the Policy
You can cancel your policy before the start date and we will allow a full refund of the premium you have paid. You can cancel your policy at any other time but there will be no refund. Please contact us on the details below if you wish to cancel your policy.
Sales and customer service enquiries
+44 333 323 0090
+44 333 323 0095
Van Hire Excess
What you get
- Cover for vans and minibuses hired in the UK with an extension to include trips to Europe up to 14 days in length
- Cover for the excess on the rental agreement up to £2,500
- Includes cover for tyres, windscreen, under body damage, towing and loss of use plus other benefits
- Cover for Vans up to 7.5 Tonnes or Mini-Buses with a maximum of 15 seats (including the driver).